Please note that any words which are capitalised have the same meaning as in the Terms and Conditions for use of the Website and the mySupermarket Insights Service.
We are mySupermarket Limited, Company No 5920495 registered in England with our registered office at Lower Ground Floor, 1 Great Cumberland Place, London, W1H 7AP, England (and we refer to ourselves as “mySupermarket”, “we” or “us” or “our” in this document).
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We ask that you please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we, as data controller of your personal data, will treat it.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data protection laws in the UK).
B. The Information We Collect
Data we collect from you directly
When you register we will ask for the following information: your name, your job title, phone number, email address, password and IP address. We may also ask you to provide certain other personal details such as the name of your Organisation, your street address or where you heard about us.
If you or your Organisation enter into a paid Subscription for the Insight Service, we will collect additional information about the Organisation, including contact details, street address and payment details. Depending on the Subscription terms, we may also collect the names, email addresses and passwords of other individuals who are to be Authorised Users and who are to have access to the Website as part of the Subscription.
If you are accessing the Website as an Authorised User who has been included or who has been otherwise been given access as part of a paid Subscription, in addition to your name, email address and password, we will collect your IP address and we may ask you to provide certain additional information, such as your job title or phone number.
Please note that you must only submit to mySupermarket or to the Website information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us any of changes. This is essential to enable us to comply with our duty to maintain accurate data. In addition, by submitting information in respect of your Organisation, you are confirming that you have been authorised by your Organisation to do so and have full authority and consent from your Organisation to supply us with that data.
Data we collect from your activity on the Website
As you use the Website, we collect data about your activity on the Website. This includes things like:
- Information on how you use the Website and the Insights Service, such as information on brands or categories viewed, reports requested, and other details about how you have used the Website and the Insights Service.
- Your communications with mySupermarket and contacts with customer support.
- Other information related to your activity, such as which site referred you to us.
Data we collect from other sources
We may receive information about you or your Organisation from third party sources, such as data aggregators and from third parties to whom you have given permission to share your information.
Sensitive Personal Data
C. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the personal data we collect to provide the Insights Service, to improve the Website and the Insights Service and for commercial purposes.
Use of Information to Provide the Insights Service
Certain information is required in order for the Insights Service, or certain features of the Insights Service, to operate.
Here are some specific examples of information used to provide the Insights Service.
- Your email address and password allows us to recognise you when you return so that we can provide you with a faster service and a personal user account.
- We use your IP address to prevent any spam, fraud or abuse of our site.
Use of Information to Customise and Improve the mySupermarket Experience
Paying attention to how you use the Website help us to develop improvements to the Website and the Insights Service. We collect and track individual and aggregate information about how users use our Website. We use this information for the personalisation or general improvement of the Service, but also for the purpose of business research. You can see more about aggregate information below.
If you have been referred to us by a third-party website, we may keep a record of the website that referred you so that we may work out which websites refer more or less users to our Website. We may also have referral arrangements with certain third-party websites and referrers and we may use this data to fulfil obligations that we may have to these third-party websites or referrers.
Use of Information for Commercial Purposes
mySupermarket offers free and paid services. The information we collect about you and your Organisation is used for sales and marketing purposes.
For example, this may include:
- We may use your contact information in order to contact you for sales purposes, such as to offer you a paid Subscription or other extra services which we think might interest you. This may also include market research. You can see more about use of your email address in the next section.
- We may use information we collect about your Organisation to determine who the main contact is in your Organisation and their position there.
- We use information we collect about you and your Organisation in order to suggest the right paid Subscription for you or your Organisation, to arrange Subscriptions to the Insights Service and to put into place invoicing arrangements.
- We collect and may display or use for the purposes of marketing and advertising the Website, the Insights Service or ourselves, any testimonials you or your company provide us with about the Website, the Insights Service or ourselves – and we may append to the testimonial your name, your company and general geographic location (e.g. City or locale).
Use of Your Email Address
We use your email address to communicate with you. Some of these are service emails and are so we can communicate with you about Website updates or your activity on the Website. For instance, we may send you service emails:
- To provide support and respond to any queries you may have about the Insights Service;
- After registration for the Insights Service, confirming your registration details or to let you know more about the Insights Service;
- To provide you with details of changes to the Insights Service, such as the addition of new features.
- To send you information which you have asked for; or
- For invoicing or collection purposes.
In addition, from time to time we may email you sales or marketing emails with additional information about mySupermarket, our promotions, Subscription options, further events, newsletters and news or promotions related to other companies within mySupermarket’s group. These may be marketing for the Website itself or on behalf of third parties. We may also contact you for market research purposes, either for commercial purposes or so we can get feedback about the Website.
Your acceptance of the mySupermarket Terms and Conditions means that you are giving us consent to send you these emails. However, you can easily opt out of receiving marketing emails by clicking “unsubscribe” in the relevant email. Even if you opt out, we will still send you service emails about the Website itself, your account, your Subscription and your activities on the Website.
Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or users, from which individual user identities have been removed and from which it is not possible to work out individual customer identities. In other words, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but all such information will be anonymised and no identifying information will be included in the resulting data.
Aggregate data helps us to understand trends and customer needs so that new products and services can be considered and so that existing products and services can be tailored to customer desires. We use and disclose anonymised aggregate information to provide other products and services, as well for the purposes of evaluating and improving our existing products and services. We also sell such aggregate information, both via the Website and through other channels.
D. Security Measures
All of the information we collect about you is stored on our secure servers and will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. For example, we use secure encryption to hold passwords.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
F. Data Sharing
- We may share your personal information to any member of our group of companies, which means any subsidiaries of mySupermarket Limited, or its ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- At times we work with other companies who help us to provide the Insights Service to you or provide other support services pertaining to the operation of the Website. These companies receive only the personal information required in order to provide services, and are not allowed to use that information for anything aside from providing the services.
- We reserve the right to investigate suspected violations of the Terms & Conditions of the Website or illegal, fraudulent or inappropriate behaviour on the Website; and to engage in activities needed to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, of our users, or of others. To that end, and to the extent necessary to achieve the forgoing, we may exchange information with other companies and organisations, including but not limited to our affiliates and partners and law enforcement agencies.
Corporate and Statutory Purposes
- We may transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell our business or part of it and engage in another similar corporate transaction.
- We will share personal information where we are required to share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Third Party Partnerships
We may share your personal information with other third parties with whom we have a partnership.
G. Obtaining Your Personal Information
You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please note that we will need to see proof of identity before processing your request and that there may be an administrative fee (not exceeding the maximum permitted by law) for this. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly.
Please direct your inquiries to:
Lower Ground Floor,
1 Great Cumberland Place, London
I. Questions or Comments?